At lyf, we have built a personal media platform for people all over the world to make their personal shared journeys. Personal journeys are inherently private and so, from our very inception, protecting privacy is one of our biggest core values. Lyf has been designed to give you total confidence that when you make a shared personal journey, your journey remains just that: personal. Like anything in your personal life, you choose who you want to share it with. Maybe you want to share it with a few close friends or family on a private journey? Or maybe you’re happy to share it with the whole world on a public journey? At the end of the day, for every journey you make, you are in complete control. When it comes to privacy and the management of your personal information, you can be rest assured that on the lyf platform:
1. Lyf is a personal media platform dedicated to enriching the lives of its members. At lyf’s heart is the creation of individual member accounts through which members are able to maintain their own personal journeys.
2. Lyf is built around all the personal journeys individuals are making in their life, and all the personal journeys individuals are supporting. Journeys can be private or public. Although lyf collects personal information through the general operation of your account only our members have the ability to share their information.
3. Lyf gives you complete control to easily manage your privacy and the privacy of each of your journeys. We do this by enabling you to share your journeys as broadly or privately as you desire.
1. To create your lyf account you will need to provide us with your full name, email address, date of birth, gender and location. You will also be asked to create a password. However, we will only use your personal information in accordance with this policy – for example, see paragraph 7 of this policy which sets out limited rights to the use of your information.
2. By creating an lyf account you will have complete control over the protection of your personal information. Other members will only be able to view your personal journey when you specifically elect to invite them to support your journey. There is no requirement to make your journeys public. You can have some private journeys, and some public journeys.
3. When you commence posting details of your private journeys on lyf only a limited amount of information will be shared to the people you decide to invite to support you – e.g. the title of your journey. If they accept your invitation, they will then see all the details you post on your private journeys. If you no longer wish to share your private journey with your chosen supporters, you may remove them as supporters at any time.
4. By making a journey public, you acknowledge that you are immediately opening the information you post on that journey to the public. This means that anyone with an internet connection could potentially see all of the posts you make on your public journey.
1. The policy applies to all personal information which we collect hold or use from and relating to lyf members. For example, we collect certain details from you when you first register and create your lyf account and then collect information that you (and your supporters) voluntarily disclose as part of your journeys.
1. Lyf collects and retains personal information about you including your name, gender, location, email address and contact details and the details you choose to share concerning your journeys as tracked by you in the ordinary course of your use of lyf.
2. Collection of your personal information is necessary for us to provide you with the full range of lyf’s services.
3. In particular, we collect your information from you to:
i. establish your lyf account
ii. develop a history of the journey types (tags) you are making and the journey types (tags) you are supporting. We do this to help us suggest journeys you may be interested in supporting.
iii. receive and respond to communications from you regarding your lyf experiences – including details of any complaints or customer support enquiries
iv. maintain our business relationship with you and offer our services on an on-going basis
v. liaise with related entities and third party service providers for the provision of the foregoing services to you and facilities, such as data processing and storage, to allow lyf to effectively offer you the services.
4. We may also use your information for in-house research and analysis. This helps us, for example, to: (i) improve our understanding of customer needs; and (ii) support strategic development.
5. Lyf or its undertaking may be the subject of sale or negotiations for sale in which case your personal information may be disclosed and ultimately pass into the custody of a purchaser. If this occurs disclosure and transfer will be subject to the terms of this Policy and the Australian Privacy Principles.
1. We generally only collect your personal information directly from you or from your supporters – e.g. friends and family who have commented and/or otherwise contributed to your journeys. Remember, you will always be able to moderate the data that others post about you on your journey.
2. Personal information is generally collected during the course of our contact with you and is largely provided by you, first as part of your registration to become an lyf member and then on ongoing basis as you create and make your own lyf journeys.
3. The information typically includes your identity, age, location, gender and current contact details. It will also include all information that you contribute to your journey. Remember however that our collection of this information does not equate to lyf’s disclosure of your personal information. Only supporters that you invite are entitled to view and contribute to your journeys.
4. We also use technology such as cookies to collect personal information from you. A cookie is a small file which is placed on your hard drive when you visit lyf. We use information from cookies for purposes which may include:
i. identifying returning users, and members
ii. eliminating the need for returning users to re-enter their login details
iii. enabling you to move more easily around our website and applications
iv. tracking your use of our platform to better develop our platform and applications in accordance with your requirements
v. building up an anonymous profile based on your useage patterns across our platform, applications and third party websites, which enables us to make content available to you that is more relevant to your interests.
5. You can delete cookies from your hard drive at any time. Deleting cookies and other settings such as your stored username and password will reqiure them to be re-entered when you next log in.
6. You can also choose whether you wish us to collect cookie information for these purposes using the settings in your browser.
2. In all cases you agree that provision by you to us of personal information, including sensitive information, constitutes consent to our collecting, storing, using and disclosing that information for the purposes outlined above and in the ways outlined in this policy.
1. We use the personal information we collect to provide lyf’s services to you and your supporters.
2. When you elect to make a journey public then, and only then, will other members be able to search lyf to identify your public journeys. By keeping your journeys private you ensure other members who you haven’t invited to support you are not able to view your journeys.
3. To provide those services or fulfill the purposes identified above, we may also disclose your personal information or some of it to entities related to lyf or third party service providers such as data processors and to our web hosting service provider located in the United States.
1. If you elect to make a journey public then your personal information may be shared with potentially anyone who has an internet connection, as well as your invited supporters.
1. Public journeys are exactly that: public. By making a journey public you acknowledge and agree that to the extent your journey involves the disclosure of personal information then that information can be viewed by others: the information is no longer private.
1. Lyf will not use your personal information for direct marketing purposes. If lyf allows a third party to offer services to you via the lyf platform then this will only occur through the sharing by us of de-identified data. For example, we may share with third party providers aggregated user statistics by reference to location, gender, journey types and/or age. This information will not personally identify you.
2. By accepting lyf’s Terms of Service and the terms of this policy and by providing lyf with information or seeking its services, you consent to direct marketing to you of relevant services or opportunities identified by lyf, its related entities or third party service providers dealing with lyf. However, as noted, we will not disclose your personal information for the purpose of targeted marketing but rather only de-identified data.
3. If you do not want to receive any of this information, you may opt out of receiving direct marketing by making your journeys private.
1. We rely on the personal information we hold about you to efficiently provide our services.
2. For this reason, it is very important that the personal information we collect from you is accurate, complete and up to date. During the course of our relationship with you we will ask you to tell us of any changes to your personal information. However, you can contact us at any time to update your personal information or to tell us the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
1. Lyf takes all reasonable precautions to safeguard your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
2. We employ a number of means to protect your personal information, including:
i. External and internal premises security
ii. Restricted access to personal information
iii. Maintaining a secure computer network to prevent unauthorised access
iv. Regular reviewing and testing of our software in order to improve the level of security
v. Internal policies in relation to lyf computer use
vi. Taking reasonable steps to ensure third parties provide information security of a similar standard.
3. It is our policy to regularly review the personal information on our systems and remove it if it is no longer being used.
4. Please note that there are inherent features of internet communications – including e-mail – which are not secure.
1. You may request access to any of the personal information we hold about you. In most cases, a summary of personal information such as your name and address details, contact telephone numbers and the matters you have engaged us on are freely available to you by contacting us by any of the means set out at the end of this policy.
2. Lyf may be required by law to retain your personal information for a period of time after you have ceased your relationship with us. After the required time has passed, we proceed with the secure destruction or deletion of your personal information.
3. At any time you may access your personal information controlled by lyf to modify, correct, or delete it. You may also change or remove your content and close your account. You can also contact us for any account information which is not on your profile or readily accessible to you. If you close your account, we will remove your information from the lyf service within 24 hours.
2. If you are not satisfied with the result of your complaint to lyf, you can refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Mail: Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Tel: 1300 363 992